Monday, November 14, 2016

I've been thinking

I've been thinking:

  • Donald Trump has not improved with experience, nor does he intend to.
  • Colin Kaepernick should kneel if he wants to.
  • Freedom to stand for the National Anthem also means freedom not to stand for it, or it's not freedom.
  • I've been told I'm useless, a liar, and a hypocrite only once this year.
  • We are so lucky to have missed Hurricane Irma's worst.
  • Jim Comey's statements hurt Hillary Clinton, but her private server hurt her more.
  • I recently submitted my 200th book review to a firm that does not want to be identified.
  • I am still happily married to my best friend after 52 years.
  • Black lives matter.
  • The Internet Review of Books will be 10 years old on October 1, the same day I turn 74.
  • New Mexico is far more beautiful than Florida, but Florida has the vibrant community we need.
  • This winter we may visit Belize, the country of my father's birth.
  • Trump will be re-elected if the Democrats aren't careful.
  • Trump, Putin and Kim all deserve each other.
  • A few of us post the American flag in 90 neighbors' yards three times a year, and they love it.
  • Never, ever send me jokes that belittle President Obama.
  • I am not religious, but if you wish me merry Christmas or a blessed day, I will thank you and wish you the same.
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.



No comments: