Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The press release

Lots of comments in Chinese have been showing up on this blog lately, and they certainly aren't about writing. Mind you, I think Taiwan is a fine country, but the clutter of the Chinese ideographs and the English-language gibberish make for an annoying cleanup chore. So I've taken the step of adding that word-verfication tool to see if it cuts down on spam.

Today I started emailing the iUniverse press releases for When Pigs Fly. Initially, they will go out to all the print media I can find in the Southwest, and then I'll move on from there. Will anyone pay attention? At least it's costing me nothing but what my dear old mom used to call elbow grease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the spammers. So annoying! I've always used the word verfication tool and in 2 years or so I've only got one spam-like message. I guess they do work!

Ruth L.~ said...

I had to do the same thing, as much as I hate the added step. I might remove it and see if I'm off the radar screen.