Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Good downloads from Gutenberg

Tonight I downloaded Franklin's AutobiographyDavid Copperfield, and Mathematical Amusements from Gutenberg onto my Kindle. Then I took one look at the last one, laughed at my foolishness, and deleted it so my brain wouldn't explode. That's a book from the 19th century by the Englishman Dudeney. Fuggedaboutit, as my Joisey brother would say.

The first two won't harm my brain, though; I know because I've read them before.

Even if you don't have a Kindle, do check out Project Gutenberg, where you can find lots of free (if often dated) reading material you can read on your monitor or print out.


Marvin D. Wilson said...

OK I'll have to check that out.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You downloaded Mathematical Amusements - of course you were going to laugh!

L. Diane Wolfe

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

I'll check that out, thanks.


Christina E. Rodriguez said...

I love Project Gutenberg. They have an ample selection of children's literature as well.

Morgan Mandel said...

I've got my Iphone for ebook material. It does everything for me. I absolutely love it.
As for reading, I just came back from the Love is Murder conference with 3 more books to add to my To Be Read pile which grows larger every day. I need longer days.

Morgan Mandel

Chester Campbell said...

I put all my books up for the Kindle, but I don't have one. I have so much trouble sneaking in a little reading time it probably wouldn't be worth it. I should really retire and just read, but I gotta write.