Saturday, January 10, 2009

First trip in a new RV, day 7

Instead of heading west, we explored a bit of Yuma. Here is a colorful bench in front of the Heritage Library in the city's historic district.

Our RV park is full of snowbirds, a great many from Canada, especially British Columbia and Alberta and from as far away as Ontario. On the other side of the city is the Colorado River.

It's a quiet day. Nancy is playing chess on her laptop, and every few seconds a trumpet sounds as she checks the enemy king. She is improving her game quickly; the chess program isn't.

Wind conditions permitting, we'll head to San Diego tomorrow.

6 comments:

Ruth L.~ said...

Loving the chance for a virtual tour, Bob. nice bench. did you get a library shot . . . like for the IRB?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

As said in the movie Madagascar, "Sandy-lame-o!" Sorry, that just always comes to mind when I hear San Deigo.
That and hopefully today the Steelers BEAT San Diego.

And I do like the bench!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Helen Ginger said...

I love that bench. In fact, I want that bench. Will it fit into your RV?

Chester Campbell said...

The bench looks great, Bob, but I believe I'd need a few cushions to make use of it. I don't see Nancy there playing chess on her laptop.

Joy said...

What a pretty bench. There are little golden nuggets all over the counrty and you're finding some of them on your journey.

http://www.laughing-zebra-children-books.com
http://goingbeyondreading.blogspot.com/
http://zooprisepartyfiestazoorpresa.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've told my husband that if we stay in Minnesota for much longer, I'm going to want to become a snowbird. Oh, how I envy those snowbirds sometimes!