Saturday, January 10, 2009

First trip in a new RV, day 7

Instead of heading west, we explored a bit of Yuma. Here is a colorful bench in front of the Heritage Library in the city's historic district.

Our RV park is full of snowbirds, a great many from Canada, especially British Columbia and Alberta and from as far away as Ontario. On the other side of the city is the Colorado River.

It's a quiet day. Nancy is playing chess on her laptop, and every few seconds a trumpet sounds as she checks the enemy king. She is improving her game quickly; the chess program isn't.

Wind conditions permitting, we'll head to San Diego tomorrow.


Ruth D~ said...

Loving the chance for a virtual tour, Bob. nice bench. did you get a library shot . . . like for the IRB?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

As said in the movie Madagascar, "Sandy-lame-o!" Sorry, that just always comes to mind when I hear San Deigo.
That and hopefully today the Steelers BEAT San Diego.

And I do like the bench!

L. Diane Wolfe

Helen Ginger said...

I love that bench. In fact, I want that bench. Will it fit into your RV?

Chester Campbell said...

The bench looks great, Bob, but I believe I'd need a few cushions to make use of it. I don't see Nancy there playing chess on her laptop.

Joy said...

What a pretty bench. There are little golden nuggets all over the counrty and you're finding some of them on your journey.

Christina E. Rodriguez said...

I've told my husband that if we stay in Minnesota for much longer, I'm going to want to become a snowbird. Oh, how I envy those snowbirds sometimes!

googler said...

Although there are differences in content, but I still want you to establish Links, I do not
fashion jewelry