Monday, January 12, 2009

Losing track of the days—Day 9?


Yes, my wife assures me it’s day 9 of our RV adventure. We purchased $5 city transit passes today and rode the bus and trolley into San Diego’s Old Town, passing by the naval base and the General Dynamics shipyard. The ocean never came into view, but a couple of ships looked imposing; I couldn't tell if they were in drydock, under construction, or on the water.

Old Town is a state historical park showing San Diego as it was in earlier days. We had planned to check out the Embarcadero and other delights, but ran out of energy and ambition. 

So tomorrow we will rent a car and see the zoo and the animal park. Other sights may have to wait for another visit.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the architecture of that building. Everything looks so delightfully warm and inviting!

Katie Hines said...

I'm a day behind on the blog posts, but I see you're a day behind posting, so I guess that means we're right on time! Great pictures, and another great post. I look forward to seeing where you go next.

Beth Groundwater said...

You are in for a real treat! The San Diego zoo is the best zoo by far that I've been to, and I've been to quite a few, including the National Zoo outside of Washington, DC. My father's side of the family came from San Diego, and I have many fond memories of visits there. The Pacific Ocean water is darn cold, there, though!

BillieJohn said...

Wow...it was great to see your pics of San Diego...it's 12 degrees here and I am SO missing California!

Billie
http://otpblog.blogspot.com